How would you know if an Emotional Eating Coach is the answer to overcoming your painful relationship with food?
See if you identify with how one of my coaching clients described the moments right before a binge.
Whatever you call it, binge eating, emotional eating, food addiction, compulsive overeating...as an Emotional Eating and Binge Eating Coach (and as someone who has lived it), I know the struggle can feel overwhelming, frustrating, even hopeless.
As your Emotional Eating or Binge Eating Coach, I'll teach you the self-soothing tools and emotional management skills you've been missing.
How Does Life Coaching for Emotional and Binge Eaters Work?
Binge Eating Coach
Emotional Eating Coach
As your Emotional Eating Coach, I'll give you my "Emotional Handrails". These are the distress tolerance skills you can use to manage and shift any uncomfortable thoughts or feelings that, in the past, would have driven you to emotional overeating.
I coach by phone (no cameras, no online security issues). This guarantees the work is 100% private and eliminates any body image issues that might impact comfort during sessions.
Most often, emotional eating is about wanting to escape a moment, a feeling, or even a task. Coaching with me is all about learning how to recognize and tolerate that space between stimulus (whatever triggered your food thoughts), and your typical response (overeating). Then, in that space, you can learn to choose healthier self-soothing emotional responses to whatever you encounter in your day.
The good news is this! If you practice these new ways to emotionally regulate, they become new emotional habits; new pathways are formed in your brain! These new pathways can replace old self-defeating, exhausting habits that drive binge eating. This is the relief you can get when you choose a Coach who specializes in how to change emotional habits.
Over the years, it’s likely you’ve developed many emotional coping strategies associated with turning to food. For example, do you often have food thoughts during “Transition Times” to help you manage feelings?
Here are some examples of “Transition Times,
- Ever headed home after a stressful day and felt compelled to hit a fast food drive-through on the way?
- Maybe, at night when you just want to unwind, watching Netflix and eating mindlessly feels like the very best way to zone out.
- Maybe you have food thoughts at bedtime because you’re anxious about turning off the lights and being alone in the dark with your own thoughts and feelings.
- Or, maybe you feel driven to pick up a pint of ice cream and some cookies on the way home after a dinner out with friends or family.
- When company leaves your house, have you ever headed right for the dessert you resisted eating in front of them?
Some people binge eat when they feel ANY intensity of feeling, even when excited or very happy. All emotional eating scenarios described here are Emotional Habits.
For many emotional and binge eaters this is all very confusing! How is it possible that we can be proactive and effective in other areas of our lives, but then feel so out-of-control and helpless when it comes to reducing overeating?
Today, many of the answers are to be found in new understanding about how our brain works…how we came to develop unhealthy Emotional Habits around food and feelings, and how we can develop new more beneficial ones. That’s where a Coach can help.
Coaching with me is all about learning how to recognize and tolerate that space between stimulus (whatever triggers your food thoughts), and the response (overeating). Then, in that space, you can learn to choose healthier self-soothing emotional responses to whatever you encounter in your day.
The good news is this! If you practice these new ways to emotionally regulate, they become new habits; actual new pathways are formed in your brain! These new pathways can replace old self-defeating, exhausting habits that drive binge eating. This is the relief you can get when you choose a Coach who specializes in how to change emotional habits.
If you're tired of fighting this battle alone, consider the benefits of working with an Emotional Eating Coach / Binge Eating Coach
Together, we will:
- Identify and work on your short and long term life goals.
- Replace emotional eating with new, more effective, specific tools to better handle stress, anger, boredom, loneliness, etc.
- Identify and remove all old barriers that previously blocked success.
- Make step-by-step, reasonable and tolerable action plans, so you can follow through and feel empowered as you go.
Coaching with me is the safest way I know to get emotional relief. We’ll talk by telephone from the comfort and safety of your own home or office. No cameras to make you feel self conscious. Together, you and I form a powerful and supportive partnership designed specifically to help you identify and break through any blocks that keep you from achieving your goals and dreams.
I will help you develop the skills needed to move from where you are today (feeling stuck) to where you truly want to be tomorrow; more content and comfortable with your relationship with yourself, with others, with food, and your body. (Read about the Coaching experience, from people who have worked with me, in their own words.)
Who is Most Likely to Benefit from Working with Me as Their Emotional Eating Coach / Binge Eating Coach?
See if any of these nagging thoughts sound familiar.
- I feel out-of-control with food. I overeat too often!
- I spend too much time thinking about food and/or my weight, and body dissatisfaction!
- I know what I’m supposed to eat. Still, I make bad food choices.
- I know I’m supposed to exercise more. But I can’t seem to make
myself do it.
- I think I’m a stress eater. I know I’m stress eating.
- I’ve been diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder. I have (or had) a therapist. What I need now are tools to reach for instead of food, before I’m tempted to binge.
- I eat when I’m bored, angry, anxious, sometimes when I’m really happy.
- I binge eat when I want to avoid doing something I need to do but don’t want to do.
- I eat whenever I want to feel better.
- I’m not sure why I overeat.
- I know why I overeat…and I still can’t stop!
- I’m afraid I’m putting my health at risk.
- This makes no sense to me.
- I’ve run out of diets to try.
- I feel like a failure!
I am not a DIET COACH! Instead, I’ll teach you new skills so you will never have to “diet” again!
Success With an Emotional Eating Coach should be measured based on the following:
- You are making “action” plans and following through
- You are eliminating things and people in your life that drain your energy
- You are making healthier food choices
- You’re choosing exercise because it makes you healthier (not just because you’re trying to lose weight)
- You are reducing episodes of stress eating
- You feel less body hatred
- You’re addressing any/all health issues (excess weight may or may not be one of those—not all emotional eaters live in a larger body (Healthy people come in all shapes and sizes. Same goes for emotional eaters.)
- You are feeling less fearful
- You are feeling less victimized by past and present life experiences
- You’re seeing options and start making positive changes
- Your relationships with friends and family are improving
- You’re attracting healthier people into your life
- You’re identifying things in life that makes you happy and you’re moving towards them
- Your finances are now in order (or moving in that direction)
- You’re playing more and having more fun
- You attract and feel more joy!
- You’re feeling more centered, balanced
- You’re just plain happier and more content!
- You’re finding things to feel passionate about other than food
- All sorts of new possibilities begin to feel possible
With the support of a Coach, these ALL become possible!
Emotional Eating Recovery Coach
If interested, I invite you to schedule a Coaching Consultation Call with me. It’s an an introductory phone call to discuss whether Coaching is a good fit.
My Coaching Fee
$295. – includes three-40 minute Coaching Sessions per round of Coaching, intake packet, prep sheets, Coach’s prep time for sessions, and occasional emails in between sessions. Typically, we meet by phone once a week (Clients are responsible for any long-distance phone charges). Clients work with me for as long as they’re learning, growing, and feeling good about the work we’re doing and the progress they’re making.
- Coaching, designed to help stop emotional and binge eating, is not therapy or counseling. Coaching is “skill training”. To explore your readiness for Binge Eating Coaching or Emotional Eating Coaching, schedule a free consult with me.
- If you are currently struggling with Bulimia or Anorexia, please know those eating disorders are not my areas of expertise. Therefore, I would not be a good Coach for you.
- Healthcare Practitioners, please visit my Professional Training page for more information about Training or Consultation.
To Learn More About What it’s Like to Work with an Emotional Eating Coach, Read 100+ More Reviews